Re: getting networking to work [was Re: ethernet card]

On 12/16/02 23:40, Andrew Hurt wrote:
On 12/16/02 15:32, Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:

Once I connect (using the PPPoE interface within the router), I get access to the outside! My connection was turned-on today and I'm getting about 84kB/s (much better than my old 53.2k dialup).

I finally got pppoeconf to set-up everything correctly--without the router. Can now connect to ISP at boot-up. I'm probably making my situation more complicated than it really is (1 computer <-router-> ISP).

Have quite a bit of education ahead of me, it seems ;-)
--
areur
ndwht