Re: 2.5.50 on Woody

On Tue, 2002-12-17 at 20:57, arief_mulya wrote:
> Dear,
>
> >>...if you would be ready, you would not ask this question. This is a simple
> >>answer. You would now what to ask, that is a level of trouble resistancy and
> >>problem solving strategies that you should bring with you when you start
> >>playing with experimental (but essential!) software.
> >

> > ACK
> > Don't mess around with experimental stuff (Linux XP?) without knowing
> > what you are doing.
> >
> > To find out what you need for your kernel check its documentation.
> > Its that simple.
> >

> Then, When will I know what I'm doing? :-)
>
> Btw,
> I've checked the documentation alright, and it all match the
>   packages I have in woody. I guess it hasn't been updated,
> yet? Anyway, Me going to give it another try today. Wish me
> luck :-)
>

> Best Regards,
> arief_mulya
> --

I don't believe you are quite understanding what we are telling you:
Trying to run a development kernel just after the declaration of the
feature freeze is essentially equivalent to juggling two dozen lit
sticks of dynamite - it is not that "something bad might happen" but
that "something bad will happen" unless you know how to put out the
fires or analyse the limbs just blown off to understand the details of
what went wrong, and how to fix them - particularly without those limbs
immediately available.
--
Mark L. Kahnt <kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org>
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting