Re: [OT] What AMD Motherboard to buy + Linux Support

hi ya

using pc-100 memory wont work as nicely as a real PC-2100 or PC-2700 ddr
ram
	besides... there may not be any slot for pc-100/pc-133

some of the mb uses nvidia for its nic/video drivers that you d/l from
nvidia directly

- lmsensor support is shaky at best .. you'd need to calibrate it
  with that motherboard to be 100% sure...
	eg  -51C is what i see from lmsensors on the P4S333
	but bios says +45C

- played with lots o mb ... amd and p4's

- some mb boards that are known to work w/ some variation of linux
	http://www.linux-1u.net/1U_Features
	( onboard NIC, onboard svga, onboard sound

- sound... assuming that it works .. works good/bad with various
  players.. different quality
	 *.ra, *.mid, *.mpg, *.wav, ...

c ya
alvin