[OT] What AMD Motherboard to buy + Linux Support

Hi, i am planning to upgrade my 3 year old PIII 500, 384 mb SDRAM PC100, 200 gig, ATX 300w. My geoforce 256 card got fried because of the fan stopped working on it.

I have been looking for which new cpu to buy and i think i'll go for a AMD Athlon XP 2100+/2200+ cpu. My budget is like
300-400 $ for the whole thing.

1. The big problem i have now is that i need a motherboard supported by Linux, which shall have integrated
100 MBPS Lan/Sound/Geoforce2/lmsensors support. I also want the motherboard to have thermal alarm capabilities
so that it shall shutdown the computer when it becomes to hot for the CPU. And i want to have support for lan/sound/gfx in Linux. Do you guys have any motherboard to recommend ?

2. Will X work with the new motherboards with integrated geoforce card, does these card perform any good for playing
the latest games in windows. Or is it better to buy a brand new Geoforce Ti4 128 mb Mx ? I mostly play Counterstrike and other
FPS games.

3. Can i use my old memory chips ?
1 128 MB PC100 ,1 256 MB PC100 or do i need to go for the DDR 400 mhz memories to be able to boot the
machine ?

4. Do you have any recommendations in which Cpu Fan to buy (I don't want the computer to frie up again :) and is it
neccessary to buy chassi fans aswell when choosing a AMD processor ?

Thanks for helping me out guys.

/Jonas