Re: Printer Recommendations?

On Monday 16 December 2002 4:01, Alex Malinovich wrote:
> I've finally gotten fed up with my roommate's Canon CBJ-2100 printer and
> all of it's associated problems (both software and hardware) and have
> decided to get a new one. My only requirements are that it's relatively
> inexpensive (< $200 US) and that it can be set up easily and will work
> well on our LAN. All of the machines except for one are running Debian,
> and the one that it will physically be connected to is running Debian.
> Any suggestions on a good choice?

I recently bought an Epson Stylus C80 which is supported perfectly in Debian.
I have had no problems using CUPS to configure it, and on top of that, it is
much faster and higher quality than my older Lexmark z22, which I tried
desperately to set up in Debian with the aid of this newsgroup to no avail.
The Epson can print 20 PPM in black text and color is extremely fast too at
1200 x 1200 resolution and 600 DPI. Overall, it's a very nice printer for
about $120.

> p.s. I've been intrigued by the new Lexmark 75XP PrinTrio that I've seen
> advertised that prints and scans and is a little over $100 US but I
> don't know anything about how well it works period or how well it works
> under Linux.

See how well it's supported at http://www.linuxprinting.org. That's where I
got my information and it is a great resource in general.

--
Scott C. Linnenbringer
finger sl at eskimo.com