Re: dist-upgrading when tracking testing

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 04:13:42PM +0000, Benedict Verheyen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> currently i'm tracking testing/unstable and with the release of 3.0r1
> i was wondering if i would have to do a dist upgrade too? I suppose
> not since i'm not tracking stable but when is this command usefull
> then if tracking testing/unstable?

Well, the release of 3.0r1 won't matter, but I typically use
dist-upgrade so I can catch any new dependencies.  I also use -u to
list what will be upgraded so I can decide to abort if I wish,

When the big libc6 upgrade comes to testing, I will probably hold off
for a while (I've been caught before, with unstable).