RE: urgent - system slow after spamassassin

It _might_ be that you installed razor (or razor2) (spamassassin uses razor
if it is installed, by default).
If your firewall DROPs packets you send to razor (TCP dest port 7 and 2702
for razor1, I do not know for razor2) (or their replies) this could be the
problem : very long razor timeouts. Many people have some mailer problems
when razor is down, due to long timeouts.

To be sure you don't use razor, try to add

score RAZOR_CHECK 0
score RAZOR2_CHECK 0

in your /etc/spamassassin/local.cf

Anyway, if razor is not installed, adding these lines will do no harm.

Hope this helps.

Vincent