change terminal type while using 'screen'

hello all

i recently started using screen. i find it useful.

without screen running, when i do echo $TERM, it shows linuc. however,
on starting screen, if i do echo $TERM, it shows screen.

is there a way by which i can force screen to make terminal appear to be
linux? this will solve several of my colour related problems.

i read the manpage of screen and went through /etc/screenrc file. too
complicated and technical for a newbie like me to understand. could
someone tell it to me in simple to understand terms?

--
regards,

sandip p deshmukh

I can't complain, but sometimes I still do.
		-- Joe Walsh