Re: Default fonts for applications?

Travis Crump <pretzalz@techhouse.org> writes:

> Lloyd Zusman wrote:
>>
>> Perhaps I didn't make my original question clear.  Many X apps,
>> including mozilla (which is NOT a gtk app)
>
> Mozilla has its own widget layer[xul] to allow for easy cross-platform
> development, but the xul widgets themselves are implemented with gtk for
> the default X builds[there used to be a qt and a lower level X
> implementation, but I am not sure if they are still functional] so at
> its core mozilla is a gtk app.

Thank you.

OK.  So given the likelihood that this is indeed a gtk-related issue, I
just now tried putting the following statements into each of the named
files, but to no avail (I still got the undesired font in the apps in
question, even after restarting X):

Files:   $HOME/.gtkrc-kde
         /usr/share/gnome/gtkrc
         /usr/share/themes/Default/gtk-2.0-key/gtkrc
         /usr/share/themes/Default/gtk-2.0/gtkrc
         /usr/share/themes/Default/gtk/gtkrc
         /etc/gtk/gtkrc.en

Statements:

  style "default-text" {
         fontset = "-misc-fixed-bold-r-*-*-*-100-*-*-*-*-iso8859-*"
  }

  class "GtkWidget" style "default-text"

  class "*" style "default"

What am I missing here?