OT: reply-to (was: Content Management System sought)

also sprach Steve <sallen@on.aibn.com> [2002.12.14.0622 +0100]:
> Yep I know I've used "L" infrequently with mutt. It just so happens that
> most lists, even in the Unix/Linux world use reply-to, so that feature
> wasn't used /that/ much, personally, and I'm on a *fair amount* of comp
> related e-mail lists.

So am I. Checking procmailrc, it's 53. And there is only 1, the Munich
LUG mailing list, which uses reply-to. But it's very easy to tweak
mutt to treat it just like the others...

> Just maybe Debian org, should run a list like everybody else. I really
> don't understand why a perfectly logical reply-to header, gets everyone's
> panties in a knot. If things are going to be that way, then you will just
> have to be a little more accepting of duplicate copies in your mailbox.
> Sorry but that's the reality of things. <shrug>

Sure. Let's not have this discussion anymore. It's been discussed to
death. Note I set a reply-to on this message.

> Anyway, we'll just have to "agree to disagree" I suppose. I like Debian and
> it's philosophy, just one little issue of this e-mail list, bothers me, or
> actually your reaction to you receiving a duplicate e-mail in your inbox -
> oh yeah your signature about getting a real e-mail client to. Very
> condescending. No biggie, though.

I apologize.

> Hopefully I helped you out, by pointing you to a good CMS, that's not *NUKE.

Yes, thank you!

--
Please do not CC me! Get a proper mailer instead: www.mutt.org

`. `'`

NOTE: The public PGP keyservers are broken!
Get my key here: http://people.debian.org/~madduck/gpg/330c4a75.asc