Re: ACPI and sleep mode

also sprach Mark Roach <mrroach@okmaybe.com> [2002.12.14.0633 +0100]:
> AFAIK acpi is not intended to handle software suspend on its own.
> instead, the swsusp patch (which is now a part of the 2.5 kernel
> series), handles all the suspend to disk. It basically dumps you ram to
> your swap partition, then you set up two lilo entries, one to boot
> normally, one to restore from disk. It seems rather complicated at the
> moment. I went to what I would call considerable effort to get all acpi
> working on my laptop (down to modifying the acpi asl code) but never was
> able to get swsusp working. As always though, YMMV.

Thanks, I know about swsusp. But I want to suspend to RAM, not the
disk. I.e. take power from HDD and processor and only feed the RAM so
it keeps the state of the system until the processor and HDD get power
again.

--
Please do not CC me! Get a proper mailer instead: www.mutt.org

`. `'`

NOTE: The public PGP keyservers are broken!
Get my key here: http://people.debian.org/~madduck/gpg/330c4a75.asc