Re: mutt/exim - how to rewrite sender-name (-f flag)

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 04:44:44PM +0100, ds@blizznet.at wrote:
> My local user belongs to trusted_users and trusted-groups (mail).

Forget trusted user, it sort of doesn't work. That means it does what
the specs say it does, but that isn't what you expect.

> Everything else than a -t flag in my .muttrc causes: exim: neither action flags nor mail addresses given (don't really know what mutt gives to exim).
>
> So it seems I have to use my /etc/exim.conf to rewrite my Sendername (localuser@myhostname) to avoid a rejection from my ISP (550 Sender verify failed).
> But that didn't work (I did smthg wrong) - I tried in my /etc/exim.conf rewrite section:
> *@localuser@myhostname usernamemyISPexpects Ffrs

Not *@localuser@myhostname, just *@myhostname

In my case, my box is called pigeon, so my rewrite rule is:

*@pigeon jah.pigeon@ukonline.co.uk Ffrs

IIUC, the * is a regular expression matching character, so *@pigeon
matches root@pigeon, pigeon@pigeon, queakqueak@pigeon, eggie@pigeon
(if they all existed). Like with filenames.

Pigeon