Re: could we use c replace perl in cgi program?

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 08:20:28PM -0700, eric lin wrote:
> Elizabeth Barham wrote:
> > eric lin <fsshl@centurytel.net> writes:
> >

> >>   Did you ever subscribe the mailling list in infodrom-cgilib  it seem
> >>not  work, also the two people on that site's email address is also can
> >>not be accessable.
> >

> > No, I just downloaded and used their library.
> >
> > Elizabeth
> >

> after I untar, make, make install, it have error
>

> www:/home/fsshl/cgilib-0.5# make install
> cc -I. -Wall -O2 -g   -c -o cgitest.o cgitest.c
> cgitest.c: In function `main':
> cgitest.c:116: parse error before `Library'
> make: *** [cgitest.o] Error 1
>
> please help

You will need to provide line 116 of cgitest.c and say 10 lines before
it before anyone will be able to help. Even then it's going to take a
long time and a LOT of posts and replies.

Only thing that occurs to me is: did you configure it right? Is there
a file /home/fsshl/cgilib-0.5/configure? If so, do

cd /home/fsshl/cgilib-0.5
make clean
./configure
make
make install

Make sure you read the README or INSTALL to see if you need to pass
any options to configure (eg ./configure --with-nuke --disable-safetycatch)

Pigeon