Re: Newbie trying to install mod_ssl

Jokke Heikkilä wrote:
<lainaus kuka="Nathan E Norman">

Or, just 'apt-get install libapache-mod-ssl' ... mod_ssl will be added
to your Apache config and you will be able to tweak it to your heart's
content.

This would be ideal, but I can't find mod_ssl package under dselect and
'apt-get install libapache-mod-ssl' produces this:
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Package libapache-mod-ssl has no available version, but exists in the
database.This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and
never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents
of sources.list
E: Package libapache-mod-ssl has no installation candidate

Should I add some other source for apt-get?

Yes, non-US[ie "deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US testing/non-US main contrib non-free"]