Re: Newbie trying to install mod_ssl

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 06:42:29AM -0500, Lloyd Zusman wrote:
> "Jokke Heikkilä" <jokke.heikkila@kuva.fi> writes:
>
> > I've installed Woody and wanted to add mod_ssl to my apache conf. I
> > downloaded the tarball from modssl.org and unpacked. When installing the
> > mod, the installer asks for the path for my Apache source tree. Where is
> > it? I sort of thought that it would be /usr/lib/apache/src , but there's
> > no folder by that name.
> > jokke h.
>
> Unless you have a special need to compile mod_ssl in a non-standard way,
> I think you can avoid building it altogether.  Instead, you can just
> install the "apache-ssl" debian package, which already has SSL support
> built in.  It provides a separate "apache-ssl" executable which allows
> this ssl-enabled Apache server to run in parallel with the standard one.

Or, just 'apt-get install libapache-mod-ssl' ... mod_ssl will be added
to your Apache config and you will be able to tweak it to your heart's
content.

  We are all agreed that your theory is crazy.  The question which
  divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of
  being correct.  My own feeling is that it is not crazy enough.
          -- Niels Bohr