Re: amavis antivirus packages

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Tom Allison <tallison@tacocat.net> [2002.12.13.1503 +0100]:
> > What .deb packages can I install for amavis to work?
>
> What MTA do you use? exim, postfix, sendmail
>
> amavis-exim, amavis-postfix, and amavis-milter are what you are
> looking for respectively.
>
> also, you could have a look at amavis-ng from testing, which
> supposedly works with all and has large improvements over the older
> version.

Improvements my ***.  I've been fixing this crap for the last 3 days, only
to discover that it can't deal well with ANY sort of trouble (e.g. one bad
recipient) when delivering the email back to the MTA.

It also insists on dumping every message on quarantine/ when they should go
to problems/, which is a pain.

BTW:
amavis-ng (0.1.4.1-2.0woody2) unstable; urgency=low

  * Woody backport and stabilization
  * Add dependency on libmime-base64-perl (#171165)
  * Kill suidmanager crap, use dpkg-statoverride instead (#168771)
  * Conflicts: and Provides: amavis (#164220)
  * Run as user amavis instead of user mail (#172371)
  * Switch to debhelper mode 4 (for invoke-rc.d)
  * Support ephemeral /var/run (create /var/run/amavis in initscript)
  * Fix all sort of minor stuff to achieve Lintian- and Linda-cleaness heaven
  * Kill milter support: woody's sendmail package croks on pbuilder
  * Use dh_installinit to install initscript
  * Do not mention non-free MTAs in description, and remove anything that has
    to do with them
  * Ship a Debian-tailored amavis.cfg file that actually works for the SMTP
    module

 -- Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org>  Fri, 13 Dec 2002 01:58:07 -0200

And after all THAT, it is still unsuitable for usage with postfix :-)
That's why I am so pissed off...

Amavis-new, here I go...

  Henrique Holschuh