Re: amavis antivirus packages

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
On Fri, 13 Dec 2002, martin f krafft wrote:

also sprach Tom Allison <tallison@tacocat.net> [2002.12.13.1503 +0100]:

What .deb packages can I install for amavis to work?

What MTA do you use? exim, postfix, sendmail

amavis-exim, amavis-postfix, and amavis-milter are what you are
looking for respectively.

also, you could have a look at amavis-ng from testing, which
supposedly works with all and has large improvements over the older
version.

Improvements my ***.  I've been fixing this crap for the last 3 days, only
to discover that it can't deal well with ANY sort of trouble (e.g. one bad
recipient) when delivering the email back to the MTA.

My question was confusing. I'm not looking for the debian package for amavis. I'm looking for debian packages that might provide a suitable antivirus checker as described in amavis. It doesn't run without one (reportbug is already there).

Could they (amavis) provide a dummy package to provide a NOOP function like they say the do in the documents?
--
Genius is pain.
		-- John Lennon