Re: amavis antivirus packages

also sprach Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> [2002.12.13.1756 +0100]:
> Improvements my ***.  I've been fixing this crap for the last 3 days, only
> to discover that it can't deal well with ANY sort of trouble (e.g. one bad
> recipient) when delivering the email back to the MTA.

really? i have had no problems... except for it failing to add
a header to mails. but viruses are quarantined and non-viruses passed.

> It also insists on dumping every message on quarantine/ when they should go
> to problems/, which is a pain.

this is true. i'd much rather have it bounce messages to ./problems/
anyway...

>   * Kill suidmanager crap, use dpkg-statoverride instead (#168771)

thanks!

>   * Run as user amavis instead of user mail (#172371)

thanks!

> And after all THAT, it is still unsuitable for usage with postfix :-)

what problems are you having? i run postfix...

--
Please do not CC me! Get a proper mailer instead: www.mutt.org

`. `'`

NOTE: The public PGP keyservers are broken!
Get my key here: http://people.debian.org/~madduck/gpg/330c4a75.asc