Re: Getting rid of gnome and kde

    "Andrew" == Andrew Perrin <clists@perrin.socsci.unc.edu> writes:

    Andrew> For some reason on the laptop I just installed debian on,
    Andrew> I ended up with kde and gnome as the default desktops. I
    Andrew> want my fvwm back! How do I rid myself of these?

Tell the login manager to use an xsession login (gdm will let you
choose the session). Write a ~/.xsession fiel to start up fvwm. That
is how I have Gnome and KDE installed, but still use xfce all the
time ;-)

Oh yes, use /usr/share/doc/xfree86-common/examples/xsession.gz as a
helpful little template!

Cheers!
Shyamal