Re: IMAP recommendations

Tom Allison said:

> Under cyrus, I am assuming that the ~/mail/... structure is going  to be
> the default as it is with squirrelmail today.  It would be
> find with me, I can move things around easily enough in the
> procmail files.

nope, cyrus stores it's mail in a protected area of the system,
/var/spool/cyrus/mail/user/$INBOX_NAME

only the mail system can read it. This is mostly to facilitate locking,
and so that the indexes can be updated automatically. If you were to
access the files directly the indexes wouldn't know to update(you can
rebuild the indexes but that again needs to run as the mail user).

> How does this impact things like /var/spool/mail/  and the
> procmail mail filters?  Any ideas?

/var/spool/mail isn't used at all as above. not sure about procmail,
never used it to filter. Though cyrus can work with procmail, not
sure what the limits of the functionality are(if any).

nate