Re: Debian hotswap and 5 9's - resend please.. mail was down

    "John" == John Griffiths <john@capmon.com> writes:

    >> Remember that 315 seconds includes time to upgrade software to
    >> fix bugs, to maintain hardware, backup databases etc.

    John> you need backups on these beasts? But i thought they never
    John> crashed??

    John> (just joking)

:-)

Seriously though, you do need backups even if they don't crash. That
is for earth quakes, terrorist attacks and all sorts of other nasty
things that have nothing to do with the computing system. If the data
is equivalent to money, backups must be made.

Now that I thinking of it, I'm not even sure why we are discussing
this on debian-user....

Cheers!
Shyamal