LDAP Authentication help

hey guys

Is there some easy to understand guide for setting up LDAP authentication on
linux ??  This way my users could login to linux and have their usernames and
passwords checked against an LDAP server.

In all honesty, I find that much of what I've found on google is rather
confusing and some of them dive into too much detail for their own good.

I already have an LDAP server setup.  But now I would like a little help
getting linux to authenticate against it.

Thanks for any help you may offer.

Sunny Dubey

PS:  the LDAP server I have is a Novell Netware 6 machine, but that shouldn't
matter .. because LDAP is LDAP, hehe :^)   TIA