Re: port :80 and my ISP

Sound like your ISP is blocking port 80. Some ISP's are real anal about
serving web traffic over there cable modem networks.

Another graphical tool for seeing what is going on on network ports is called
'ethereal' It uses tcpdump as the underlying packet sniffer but provides a
graphical front end and decodes the packet for easier analysis.

Cheers
David

On Tuesday 10 December 2002 20:15, Shawn Lamson wrote:
> Hey all -
>
> I am working on getting my box to serve a webpage; it seems ok with apache2
running (btw not the debian packaged version - it seemed "whacked") but I
have to use port 123.321.89.98:8000 b/c I can't seem to get anything from
port 80... I am assuming my ISP blocks port 80, but what can I use to see if
anything does in fact come in to port 80 and I am somehow rejecting/denying
the packets?  I am not running any sort of firewall that I know of.