port :80 and my ISP

Hey all -

I am working on getting my box to serve a webpage; it seems ok with apache2 running (btw not the debian packaged version - it seemed "whacked") but I have to use port 123.321.89.98:8000 b/c I can't seem to get anything from port 80... I am assuming my ISP blocks port 80, but what can I use to see if anything does in fact come in to port 80 and I am somehow rejecting/denying the packets?  I am not running any sort of firewall that I know of.

Thank you,

Shawn Lamson

BTW - kernel is 2.4.19