From: Kevin Coyner [mailto:kevin@rustybear.com]
Sent: 10 December 2002 18:15
To: Debian User
Subject: server monitoring program

Looking for a recommendation of a server monitoring program to use.

I'm responsible for serveral different websites that are run on
independent ISP/hosts.  A couple of these sites are on Win2K boxes, and
a couple on Linux.

I'm looking for a program that does simple testing to see if these sites
are "just up and running" (i.e. as simple as a periodic ping).  Almost
needless to say, I'm not on the same network as these machines, so
firewalls will be present on both my end and the server end.

I'll run the program from a Debian box.

Thanks
Kevin

--