RE: server monitoring program

On 10 Dec 2002, 18:27:46, Mikael Jirari wrote:

> I know bb4 do that quite well and it's portable on unix and windows.
> I think mrtg do something like that as well (disk use, load of the
> processor)

Sitescope from Freshwater Software downloads a page, and then downloads it
again as often as you tell it do, runs a diff, and emails/pages if:

it can't download it
it's different

You could do this yourself with a script pretty easily these days, since
you can email pagers via script trivially.

madmac

--
Doug MacFarlane
madmac@covad.net