Re: Which plugin to listen to internet radio on mozilla?

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002 14:08:33 +0000, Johann Spies wrote:

> The subject line says it all.

You can use xmms to do this.  It handles the standard .pls files you get
from shoutcast.com.   Just set up mozilla to process the .pls files with
xmms.

A word of caution: I think xmms has a problem (at least on my machine)
that it basically hijack's the connection so I can't browse the web and
listen to radio at the same time. :(  I'm sitting on a T1 line, so I
should have plenty of bandwidth to back this up, but it just doesn't
work right now.

You might see if zinf (or freeamp if you're running woody) will do it
for you.  It might not have the same issues that xmms is having right
now.

HTH

Stephen W. Juranich                         sjuranic@ee.washington.edu
Electrical Engineering         http://students.washington.edu/sjuranic