Re: build an overloaded linux server

On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 07:53:50PM +0800, Patrick Hsieh wrote:
> For experimental requirement, I want to build an overloaded linux server in
> which openssh is binding tcp port 22. The criteria is, when a ssh client is
> connecting to the sshd on the overloaded one, the sshd will take more than 60
> seconds to respond.(that is, tcp socket established but the sshd hangs over
> 60 seconds)

You could definitely put it on a really slow machine.  Try a Sun SPARC
IPX or some old m68k based Mac.  The fun thing with Debian is that we
support all that old stuff, and let me tell you, it's slooowwww.  You
could probably get such a machine for free if you know who to ask, or
really cheap if you want to check Ebay.

noah