Re: apt preferences (was Re: Mozilla 1.2.1)

Jeff Cours wrote:

I generally manage packages using dselect. I'm running testing, but would like to pick up a package or two from unstable (namely, Mozilla 1.2.1, rather than the 1.0.0 that's in stable). However, I'd still like the machine to be mostly based on testing and stable. Is there a way to tell dselect to show me available packages from unstable? Or is that something people generally use apt-get to do? Here is my current /etc/apt/preferences...

I don't think dselect has the right options.

Add:
  deb fpt://... unstable main contrib non-free
in /etc/apt/sources.list

Then: apt-get install mozilla/unstable

Then comment out