Re: dselect install get's stuck with console-data config -- please help!

On Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 07:46:23AM -0800, Lukas Latz wrote:
> The download ran for quite a while and then a preconfigure script
> broke off the message that's below. I've seen config scripts fail
> before, but usually that doesn't stall the dselect, this one does -- I
> had to ctrl-c -- now my var/cache/apt/archives is filled up with
> packages and the /tmp/ is full of config scripts.

There's a thread about the same thing on debian-devel at the moment;
check the archives of that list. The console-data maintainer can't
reproduce it.

I wonder if it's really the console-* packages at fault, or something
else being preconfigured at the same time?