Re: [OT] spam advice

On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 10:55:50PM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Hugh Saunders <hugh@wacka.mjr.org> [2002.12.06.0002 +0100]:
> > Is it adviseable to attempt to use these measures to be removed from
> > lists? or just keep on writing filitering rules?
>
> no. yes. in that order.
>
> we should start filing suits against spammers. anyone know which
> countries in the world have proper laws that allow e.g. the provider
> to be sued unless they can prove and delegate the guilt to the
> spammer?
>
> --
>  .''`.     martin f. krafft <madduck@debian.org>
> : :'  :    proud Debian developer, admin, and user
> `. `'`
>   `-  Debian - when you have better things to do than fixing a system
>
> NOTE: The public PGP keyservers are broken!
> Get my key here: http://people.debian.org/~madduck/gpg/330c4a75.asc

If I am not mistaken, Sweden has a law that prohibits "unsolicited
commercial email" a.k.a. spam. I am not fully aware of how the law is
written, but if any swedes out there can give some more inf, I am sure
it would be appreciated by all of us.

--
Best Regards

Nicolaus Kedegren

Our business in life is not to succeed but to continue to fail in high spirits.
		-- Robert Louis Stevenson