Re: 2.5.50 kernel compilation problem

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 11:53:40AM -0300, Miguel Griffa wrote:
| Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
|
| >On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 11:01:26AM -0300, Miguel Griffa wrote:
| >| Hi all
| >| I've been trying to compile the 2.5.50 kernel and after _many_
| >| configuration changes (to make it comilable) I've arrived to an error
| >| which I have no clue about.
| >
| >If you're not a C/kernel developer then don't try development
|
| I am a C developer, which is in fact what allowed me to solve syntactic
| compilation problems. My main problem now is semantic, not an unresolved
| symbol or some compiler error, but something dealing with
| configuration(?), or else.
|
| >releases.  The 2.5.x kernels aren't guaranteed to work or even
| >compile.  Use 2.4.20 instead.
|
| I want to use 2.5 becase it is faster and I want to try the
| incorporated alsa support.  I do have the right to test the kernel
| without being a kernel developer, don't I?

Certainly.

| do I have the right to ask support to the list for this?

You can ask, but as others have said you won't get the same quality
answers the linux-kernel list can provide.  I didn't mean to be harsh,
but most, if not all, of the previous time a similar question has been
asked, the asker was unaware of the stable vs. devel kernel releases
and hadn't intended to try and run a devel kernel.

HAND,
-D

--
Micros~1 :