Re: 2.5.50 kernel compilation problem

Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 11:01:26AM -0300, Miguel Griffa wrote:
| Hi all
| I've been trying to compile the 2.5.50 kernel and after _many_ | configuration changes (to make it comilable) I've arrived to an error | which I have no clue about.

If you're not a C/kernel developer then don't try development

I am a C developer, which is in fact what allowed me to solve syntactic compilation problems. My main problem now is semantic, not an unresolved symbol or some compiler error, but something dealing with configuration(?), or else.

releases.  The 2.5.x kernels aren't guaranteed to work or even
compile.  Use 2.4.20 instead.

I want to use 2.5 becase it is faster and I want to try the incorporated alsa support. I do have the right to test the kernel without being a kernel developer, don't I?
do I have the right to ask support to the list for this?