Problems with mplayer/xv

Hi,

I have just compiled and installed mplayer in my box, but I have been
facing a problem when I try to play video using xv video output. The
screen appears, but it remains all the time all blue, and nothing is
displayed. There are no error messages concerning the video output when
mplayer loads, and I looked into the video documentation to guess if
there was something I missed in the installation/configuration.
Aparently, everything is correct, but I can't even display the video
using xv. Does somebody know what is happening? What can I do to work
around this problem?

Thanks a lot,

Bruno.
--