Re: sawfish makes itself x-window-manager

Colin Watson wrote:
On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 08:26:28AM -0800, Erik Steffl wrote:

 anyway, I guess I'll just be careful restarting WM and hope it'll get
fixed eventually... considering the number of old bugs (few years old)
it doesn't seem to make any sense to file bugs... are they
re-impplementing most/all of dpkg?

No. I believe dpkg-dev is being reimplemented, but that's about it.

dpkg is one of those packages that has a lot of bugs but by and large
works pretty well. Looking purely at the number of bugs and ignoring the
fact that it's mostly very solid, tested code is not really rational.

depends, doesn't it? what sense does it make to file a bug that is going to be ignored? (I am not saying dpkg doesn't work well, mostly). anyway, are you saying I should file a bug (I am asking since you (and others) apparently know about the problem and you didn't file a bug yet)

	erik