Re: Quick way to set up printing?

On Tue, 2002-12-03 at 19:40, Jerome Acks Jr wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 12:06:27AM -0600, ZephyrQ wrote:
> >
> > 	But I can't seem to link to localhost:631!  I tried with both Galeon
> > and Mozilla and Lynx!  I keep getting an error!
>
> If you cannot connect to localhost:631, the cupsys daemon, cupsd, may
> not be running. If it is not running, start it by running
> "/etc/init.d/cupsys start" as root.

I try to run that command, but get an error:

 Warning: Fake start-stop-daemon called, doing nothing

	(Which, BTW, is also causing a serious problem shutting down.  I have
to copy the daemon command somewhere else to shut down).

Thank you for your help, I really am getting a bit peeved that I haven't
been able to get my printer up and going yet--inefficient for work and
all that...