Re: Quick way to set up printing?

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 10:44:40PM -0600, ZephyrQ wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-12-03 at 19:40, Jerome Acks Jr wrote:
> > On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 12:06:27AM -0600, ZephyrQ wrote:
> > >
> > > 	But I can't seem to link to localhost:631!  I tried with both Galeon
> > > and Mozilla and Lynx!  I keep getting an error!
> >
> > If you cannot connect to localhost:631, the cupsys daemon, cupsd, may
> > not be running. If it is not running, start it by running
> > "/etc/init.d/cupsys start" as root.
>
> I try to run that command, but get an error:
>
>  Warning: Fake start-stop-daemon called, doing nothing
>
> 	(Which, BTW, is also causing a serious problem shutting down.  I have
> to copy the daemon command somewhere else to shut down).
>
> Thank you for your help, I really am getting a bit peeved that I haven't
> been able to get my printer up and going yet--inefficient for work and
> all that...

It seems you have the start-stop-daemon from the install floppies
still installed.  That should have been replaced as the final step of
your install (the giant install after the first rehboot :)

I'm not sure how you arrived at this point but it seems something is
hosed.

  This message cannot be considered spam, even though it is.  Some
  law that never was enacted says so.
          -- Arkadiy Belousov