RE: how to let linux(2.2.18) read the cd-rw-disk formatted in xp

change os to linux 2.2.18,

Adaptec Easy CD Creator uses UDF packet writing.  UDF allows you to use a
CD-RW or even CD-R as a very slow hard drive like device.  Recent Linux
kernels (I think) have this as an option if you create a custom kernel.
Writing UDF is experimental and not recommended at this stage.

Setting it up on Debian would mean that you have to apt-get install
udftools.

see http://sourceforge.net/projects/linux-udf/ for more information on the
project.

With easy-cd creator, you should be able to make the cd readable on all
systems after you have written the data to the cd.  Selecting this option
will make a iso9660 on the cd.  I haven't used it for years, but I remember
something like that.  This will mean you can mount your cd on Linux.

Regards,

Andrew