how to let linux(2.2.18) read the cd-rw-disk formated in xp

Dear linux user:

  I copy pppoe , and other related file in formatted cd-rw disk in window xp by easy cd creator , so that I just drap and drop the pppoe.deb files to my cd-rw.  After I change os to linux 2.2.18, the aunto mount see three different file names
called autorun.inf and some otherthings.  so I umount and mount -t vfat /dev/cdrom /cdrom
and
mount -t ntfs /dev/cdrom /cdrom
linux all response worng fs type, can not see content of cd

highly appreciate your help and time
sincer Eric