Re:

On Sat, 2002-11-30 at 11:56, Gregg & Monica wrote:
> I need to know if my computer can support debian....and I need to knwo if it
> will support the gui...here are my computers info...
>

> cyrix MII 266Mhz, 4gig hard drive, windows ME loaded and updated, sound card
> w/powered speakers, 2usb ports,scroll mouse, keyboard,56k modem, 24Xcd rom
> <needs drivers>, 32mb memory, video card has s-video, 2 open sdram slots
>

> thanks.....
>

> kyle

The modem may be a problem, if it is a winmodem. The memory might be a
problem - Linux will function, but it will be highly dependant on swap
space and prone to some thrashing if you are drawing on multiple
services concurrently. The sound card depends on what brand/model it is.

But the big problem is sparing enough disk space for the o/s with all
that Microsoft bloat still on the disk.
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org