Re:

On Saturday 30 November 2002 16:56, Gregg & Monica wrote:
> I need to know if my computer can support debian....and I need to knwo if
> it will support the gui...here are my computers info...
>

> cyrix MII 266Mhz, 4gig hard drive, windows ME loaded and updated, sound
> card w/powered speakers, 2usb ports,scroll mouse, keyboard,56k modem, 24Xcd
> rom <needs drivers>, 32mb memory, video card has s-video, 2 open sdram
> slots
>

> thanks.....
>

> kyle

Download a copy of Knoppix which boots from a CD and does not touch the
disk, and if it loads and runs you can then tell which devices it does and
does not support.  As it is a Debian system under the covers that will tell
you how much will work.  You can then install the same system onto the
disk from the Knoppix system and away you go.

David