Re: 2.4.19 kernel with Woody WAS:Re: TV output, and my new project

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jerome BENOIT" <benoit@eie.gr>
To: "cobb" <cobbjb1@cox.net>
Cc: "asd asdf asdfasdf" <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 30, 2002 8:25 AM
Subject: 2.4.19 kernel with Woody WAS:Re: TV output, and my new project

> cobb wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am going to be setting up my Linux machine, which is currently only
being
> > used as an Internet gateway/firewall and FTP/HTTP server, as an
> > entertainment "server" as well, as seen in this crude diagram:
> > http://tinyurl.com/33tb
> >
> > My question is, will TV output on, say, a GeForce 4 MX or some cheap
nVidia
> > card be difficult to configure for video output to the television; are
the
> > Linux drivers easily capable of doing it?  I currently have a pretty
plain
> > installation of Debian Woody with a newly compiled 2.4.19 kernel.
>

> from where can we get the `2.4.19 kernel' for Woody ?

I am currently running Woody with 2.4.20. Got it from www.kernel.org. As for
the question about TV output, I am sorry I am unable to help.

Also if it is really important for you to run 2.4.19 then either go into the
archives at kernel.org, or simply do a Google search (or whatever flavor
search engine you like) for that particular kernel release.

Jerry A.

www.manicsession.com
email : (anything you want) @manicsession.com
Registered Linux User : 295219