Re: Low Disk Space (deleting /usr/share/locales) and printing

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002 20:21:43 +0200, Michelle Konzack
<linux.mailinglists@freenet.de> wrote:

>Hello Elizabeth,
>
>Am 14:44 2002-11-24 -0600 hat Elizabeth Barham geschrieben:
>>
>>Dear Everyone,
>
>>     1) Do I need all those locale files? LANG=C and if I understand
>>        this correctly, I do not need *any* locale files.
>
>I think, if you live in the USA it is correct.
>
>use the Package 'localepurge' to remove it.

This localepurge thing sounds cool. Question: I tend to compile stuff
a lot. A lot of packages look for stuff in /usr/share/locale even when
you configure them not to use it, and moan when it isn't there. This
tends to require a lot of very tedious makefile hacking to get around
it. Does localepurge leave stubs in /usr/share/locale which would
satisfy such makefiles?

Pigeon