RE: How to change Console display mode?(not under X)

-----Original Message-----
From: D.H [mailto:dh@bisp.com]
Sent: Thursday, 28 November 2002 2:47 PM
To: Debian-user
Subject: How to change Console display mode?(not under X)

Hi all, The display mode of console(not under X) on my computer is SVGA by
default, I didn't like that mode and want to change it to 'pure text mode',
which configuration file should i modify??
Thanks.

If you use lilo, I think you need to alter /etc/lilo.conf

There should be an option 'vga=x', try 'vga=ask'.

Make the change and save, run 'lilo' and reboot, you should be presented
with the opotunity to enter the mode you want, or enter 'scan' to search for
the modes which are supported.