Re: simple (hopefully obvious) question + thankyou

* matt <mattlist@fastmail.fm> [021126 15:44]:
<snip ssh>

> easy question...I need to load two kernel modules (mga.o and sb.o) but
> they don't show up in the modconf menu like in potato.  where are they?
> lsmod dosn't show them.  where/how can i download them?  there's mention
> in the installation manual of being able to load the kernel and modules
> over the network (http/ftp) but never tells you how :(

What kernel are you using (ie kernel-release )
TO find out use the command:

uname -r

What do:

find /lib/modules/kernel-release -name mga.o

and

find /lib/modules/kernel-release -name sb.o

return?

Where "kernel-release" is whatever uname -r returned.

Nick.

--
Debian testing/unstable
Linux onefish 2.4.19-lavienx #1 Sat Sep 21 19:58:12 EST 2002