Re: smbfs just isn't there

On Monday 25 November 2002 18:00, nate wrote:

> that shows all the packages in woody which have the smbfs.o file(kernel
> module). the default 2.2.20 kernel appears to have it, is there not
> a /lib/modules/2.2.20/fs/smbfs.o on your system?

Nope.  But the stuff in /lib/modules/2.2.20-idepci/fs are all things that are
NOT in use, such as ntfs.o

I can't find it at all, used "locate" and KDE's "find files".  Would there be
any harm in just acquiring this file and throwing it in there?

Seneca, no dice.  But a puzzling clue.

> apt-get install smbfs

thea:/# apt-get install smbfs
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Sorry, smbfs is already the newest version.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 50  not upgraded.