Debian Testing Crashes Overnight

This post is going to be a bit vague, sorry.

I built the system using Woody, then 'upgraded' to testing on my
workstation.  I use this as my primary computer here at work.  At the end of
the day, when I go home, I lock X and take off.  The next morning, the
system is frozen.  I can't do anything but shut the machine down by holding
the power switch.  I tried to ssh into the box but it timed out.  So there
was no way to shut it down gracefully.

I have XFree86 installed, Gnome installed and am using the mga drivers from
Matrox to support my dual screens.  Where do I begin to troubleshoot this?

Any suggestions are welcome.  I will provide any information requested, save
the password for root!  :)

Good times.

Michael