Re: sqwebmail -- now what?

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 12:22:58AM -0500, Stephen Gran wrote:
> > okay, i've got sqwebmail installed:
> >
> > 	# apt-get install sqwebmail
> >
> > and i ran through the /usr/share/doc/sqwebmail info...
> >
> > so where do i look to find out how to get it to be my webmail
> > (html) imap/pop3 interface?
> >
> > always a newbie (but sometimes more than others),
>
> sqwebmail is part of the courier source - I found it very easy to set up
> when I ran it alongside the courier POP/IMAP servers.  Note that for
> courier to be happy, you have to have exim deliver to ~/Maildir/
> (Maildir format in $HOME).  Also, there is an obnoxious question at
> install time (do you want to run this SUID? or somesuch) - should
> actually note that if you don't want to, sqwebmail will not run on a
> stock install.

so i need to get an imap server up and running*, and... then
what? how do i get sqwebmail to display my incoming email
online?

with acmemail i browse to server/cgi-bin/acme/acmemail.cgi and
there i get a log in form via cgi scripts served up by apache.
what's the incantation for sqwebmail? (and the documentation
that explains it?)

*which will be a whole new story, i'm sure... :(

--
I use Debian/GNU Linux version 2.2;
Linux server 2.2.17 #1 Sun Jun 25 09:24:41 EST 2000 i586 unknown

DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #36 from Sean Quinlan <smq@gmx.co.uk>
:
Looking to CHANGE THE DEFAULT LS COLORS? It's simple: first,
	dircolors -p >~/.dircolors
and then edit the results to suit your tastes; finally, insert
	eval `dircolors -b ~/.dircolors`
in your ~/.bashrc. Next time you log in (or source ~/.bashrc)
your new colors will take effect.