Re: apache and php

Matthew Weier O'Phinney wrote:
-- Chris Lale <ctlale@coolscience.co.uk> wrote
The system is a stand-alone home box with a dial-up modem. I assume that
setting ServerName http://127.0.0.1/ is appropriate.

Actually, set ServerName to 127.0.0.1 or localhost, like thus:
    ServerName 127.0.0.1
or
    ServerName localhost

DON'T specify it as:
    Servername http://127.0.0.1

I am not sure that you are correct. Here are the relevant comment lines from the original /etc/apache/httpd.conf file:

# If your host doesn't have a registered DNS name, enter its IP address here.
# You will have to access it by its address (e.g., http://123.45.67.89/)
# anyway, and this will make redirections work in a sensible way.

Anyway, it works for me!

Cheers,

Chris
--
 ___   Chris Lale   <ctlale@coolscience.co.uk>
/   \
| <_/  My PC runs Debian GNU/Linux 3.0.
\      Robust, secure and free operating system + applications.
 \     Available at http://www.debian.org