libc6 install problems HELP Please

Hi All,
  I was attempting to install mplayer and one of its
depends was libpostproc0 which had a depend of libc6.
I know I should learn how to make a deb from source.
Anyway I did a apt-get install libc6 from unstable and
this is what I get once the download is complete.  The
three packages it is talking about is libc6 libc6-dev
and locales.  Here is what I get when I try and do the
install:
G:/home/dodaa# apt-get install libc6
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Sorry, libc6 is already the newest version.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove
and 241  not upgraded.
3 packages not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 0B will be
used.
Setting up libc6 (2.3.1-4) ...
Checking for services that may need to be
restarted...Package `logind' is not installed and no
info is available.
Package `apache2' is not installed and no info is
available.
Use dpkg --info (= dpkg-deb --info) to examine archive
files,
and dpkg --contents (= dpkg-deb --contents) to list
their contents.
sed: can't read exim: No such file or directory
sed: can't read netbase: No such file or directory
sed: can't read cron: No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing libc6 (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error
exit status 2
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of
libc6-dev:
 libc6-dev depends on libc6 (= 2.3.1-4); however:
  Package libc6 is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing libc6-dev (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of
locales:
 locales depends on glibc-2.3.1-4; however:
  Package glibc-2.3.1-4 is not installed.
  Package libc6 which provides glibc-2.3.1-4 is not
configured yet.
dpkg: error processing locales (--configure):
 libc6
 libc6-dev
 locales
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code
(1)
G:/home/dodaa#
Colin Watson once said in a responce to a Debian
reinstall " A Debian re-install is a LAST resort, you
should be able to fix any problems" A para-phrase.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Don